Monday, May 5, 2008

The First Post

Everyone else has a blog so I figured I ought to get one too. At the very least it will serve as a useful vehicle for procrastination (e.g. when it's already 2 am and I haven't finished studying for my exam in the morning.) This is my blog!


This blog covers 3 of my 4 greatest loves: Philosophy, Economics, and Beer.

Those three things go together more than you might think. There are two big things that everyone seems to be concerned about, justice and welfare. Philosophy is able to address the justice side of things, issues of right, wrong and equity. Economics addresses welfare side and shows us how limited resources can be put to use to achieve our goals. And when we're burned out on trying to save the world, that's where the beer comes in. Also, this just a convenient place to talk about some of my favorite things in one place.

No comments: